Last Revised: April 6, 2022
Who We Are and other Background Information
- Why We Collect Information
- What Information We Collect
- Social Media
- Computer Profiles
- How We Collect Information
- Children’s Online Privacy Protection
- Use of IP Addresses
- Do Not Track
- How We Use the Information We Collect
- How We Share Your Information
- Aggregate Information
- Your Rights & Choices About Your Personal Information
- Personal Information Maintenance & Opt-Out
- Retention of Your Personal Information
- Transfer and Processing of Personal Information in the United States
- Complaint Procedures
- Questions & Changes in Policy
Why We Collect Information
TaylorMade collects personal information because it is necessary to enable us to provide an electronic version of our Product Guide, Sell Sheets and Custom Fitting Manual through the App. Your personal information also helps us communicate with you about our latest products, special offers or other promotions, surveys and other information and events you might like to know about, if you so choose.
We also collect your personal information to help us design, deliver and tailor your experience in the App. For example, we will use your personal information to verify your employer so to provide you with retail materials through the application. We may offer you the opportunity to provide us with your birthday month and date and sizing information, in connection with promotions.
What Information We Collect
Whenever you use the App, TaylorMade may obtain, collect, process, and retain your personal information, such as the following, without limitation:
- Your first and last name
- Your username and password
- Your business contact details including your telephone number, and email and postal addresses
- The name of your employer, type of retail establishment, store number or location
- Should you choose, your birthday month and date and sizing information in connection with promotions.
Please note that in some locations, your business-related information, including business contact information, is not considered personal data under applicable law.
The TaylorMade App may now or in the future include forums or links to social media. Any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information. You should exercise caution before disclosing your personal information via these public venues, which you do at your own risk. If you do so, you may receive unsolicited messages from others. TaylorMade cannot safeguard the privacy of personal information that is disclosed online in this manner.
TaylorMade may also collect and accumulate other anonymous data that helps us understand and analyze the Internet experience of our visitors. For example, we may accumulate visitor data relating to the type of browsers used, operating system software, screen resolutions, color capabilities, browser plug-ins, language settings, and engine keywords.
How We Collect Information
We collect personal information in three primary ways:
- You give us information: We collect information from you when you create an account with us, or when you interact with us about a product, service, or promotion we offer.
- We collect information from other sources: For example, we may obtain information about you from your employer to verify your identity.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection
TaylorMade does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. The App is not intended to solicit information of any kind from children under 13.
Use of IP Addresses
TaylorMade may collect and store IP addresses in server logs for system maintenance purposes, or to store the source location whenever you open the App. An IP address is a number assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet. An Internet Service Provider (“ISP”) typically assigns a random IP address at the time you log in. We typically cannot determine your identity solely based upon your IP address. Your IP address can, however, reveal what geographic area you are connecting from, or which ISP you are using.
Do Not Track
The App does not respond to “do not track” requests from browsers.
How We Use the Information We Collect
TaylorMade may use your personal information in the following ways:
- to enable us to respond to you, or to validate and verify your identity
- to compile and/or distribute aggregate information about our users and aggregate usage patterns
- to provide our website and application designers with useful information for improvement and for developing new features and services for you
- to tailor your experience in the App and our communications with you
- to share with government agencies, law enforcement, or with third parties if we think we are legally obligated, or to protect ourselves or the public. For example, we will disclose information in response to subpoenas, investigative requests, and reasonable discovery requests.
How We Share Your Information
If you have consented to our use and disclosure of your personal information for email or in-app communications, TaylorMade may also use your personal information for survey purposes on behalf of itself and its affiliates and subsidiaries. TaylorMade may use third party service providers in connection with such surveys.
TaylorMade will use or disclose your personal information only as permitted by you, or: (1) when legally ordered to do so by a lawful subpoena or court order, (2) if we believe you will harm the property or rights of TaylorMade or those of TaylorMade’s other customers, (3) under exigent circumstances to protect the physical safety of TaylorMade, its employees, contractors, users or the general public, or (4) where we have some other legal obligation to process your personal information.
TaylorMade may use third-party providers for the App, currently Southport and Amazon Web Services, which will process your personal information.
TaylorMade may share aggregate statistical non-identifiable information with its business partners, sponsors or other third parties. For example, we may disclose that X number of visitors visited a certain area in the App, or that Y number of Industry Professionals completed profiles. Such information is not personal information because it does not identify you.
Your Rights & Choices About Your Personal Information
We are committed to providing you with control over your personal information. You may have certain rights with respect to your personal information under data protection law, including the EU or UK General Data Protection Regulation if applicable:
- Right of Access, which means your right to confirm whether we maintain any personal information concerning you, what categories of personal information we store and use, purposes, and legal basis of processing of your personal information, recipients, retention periods, cross-border transfers, technical and organizational measures we implement to secure privacy of your information;
- Right to request a copy, which means your right to receive a copy of personal information that you provided to us. We will provide you a copy of your personal information in a structured, commonly used, machine readable form;
- Right to Rectification, which means your right to request an amendment or update to any inaccurate or incomplete personal information that we maintain about you;
- Right to Restrict Processing, which means your right to request restrictions on how we use and process your personal information if you believe that TaylorMade does not have a legal basis to process your personal information or your personal information is inaccurate;
- Right to Withdraw Consent, which means your right to revoke authorizations given to us on how to use and share your personal information, including disclosing your information to third-party recipients;
- Right to Object, which means your right to object to using your personal information for certain purposes; and
- Right To Be Forgotten, which means your right to request us to erase your personal information from our systems and applications.
Please be aware that it is not always possible to completely delete, erase, or comply with your request with respect to all of your personal information without some residual data backups and because we still may need to process your personal information for the purpose the data was originally collected, or to comply with legal obligations, perform contracts, resolve disputes, and for other legitimate reasons. If we are precluded from honoring your request for erasure of your personal information, we will inform you about that and of the reasons for the rejection. We will process such requests within thirty (30) days of receipt of the request and the information enabling us to address the request or within such other time as specified by applicable law. Please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. For verification and confidentiality purposes, we can only respond to the requests sent from an email address that you previously provided to us or used when registering in the App.
We may need to ask you for additional or specific information to verify your identity and to respond to your request. This is a security measure to ensure that your personal information is not disclosed to a person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask some further information in relation to your request to speed up our response. Occasionally, it may take us longer than 30 days to handle your request if your request is particularly complex or you have made a high number of requests. In this case we will notify you accordingly and keep you updated.
If you would like to update or delete your contact information, please visit the “Account Settings” or “Profile’ section in the App.
Personal Information Maintenance & Opt-Out
You are consenting to receiving communications from TaylorMade if you indicate that you want to receive emails, push notifications, or in-app messages under your Account Settings or Profile in the App, or on your mobile device. You will not receive such notifications or messages in connection with the App unless you have opted in through your Account Settings or Profile in the App, or on your mobile device. Should you opt-in to receiving such communications, you have the right to opt-out at any time by managing your Account Settings or Profile in the App, your mobile device settings, or clicking on any “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of email you receive. Please note that it may take us 10 business days to honor your opt-out request or a shorter period where required by law. If you wish to restrict, amend, or delete any personal information you have previously provided, please email us at email@example.com. We will endeavor to provide a simple way to review, correct, update, or remove personal information you have given us should you have those rights under applicable law.
Retention of Your Personal Information
Your personal information may be retained by TaylorMade for as long as the purposes for which the personal information was collected continue to require it, or if the retention is necessary for our legal or business purposes. For example, we may need to retain your personal information to provide additional products or services to you, to improve our products and your user experience, or if we need to defend a legal claim or in case of a dispute. TaylorMade may use third-party cloud providers, currently Southport and Amazon Web Services, to retain your personal information.
Transfer and Processing of Personal Information in the United States
TaylorMade is a United States corporation with offices in the U.S. and in the United Kingdom. Information we collect from you may be transferred and processed in the United States or in the United Kingdom. Although access to the App is available around the world, use and enjoyment of the App is governed and operated in accordance with the laws of the United States. Where activity of TaylorMade subjects us to data protection laws outside the United States, TaylorMade complies with the requirements of those laws. TaylorMade makes no representations that the App is governed or operated in accordance with the law of any U.S. state, other than California, where TaylorMade is headquartered.
For Users in the United Kingdom and the European Union
When transferring your personal information outside of the country of collection for the purposes stated herein, TaylorMade complies with the applicable laws. For a data transfer outside the United Kingdom and the European Economic Area, TaylorMade uses standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission and/or the UK Information Commissioner or other relevant agency. For the purposes of onward personal data transfers outside the United Kingdom and European Economic Area within the TaylorMade group of companies, TaylorMade companies have entered into a data transfer agreement.
The App uses commercially reasonable security measures appropriate to the type of personal data processed through the application. For example,
- The App complies with iOS and Android app store requirements. Versions of the App are reviewed by the respective stores before being made available for you to download.
- You chose your own password which is then encrypted.
- You may reset your password when you wish.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit, and you do so at your own risk. You can report suspected network abuse and any risk of security violations to us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the United Kingdom and in the European Union, you have the right to lodge a complaint to your supervisory authority for data protection matters or to seek a remedy through local courts if you believe your rights have been violated. You can find information about your EU data protection supervisory authority here or the UK Information Commissioner’s Office here. Taylor Made Golf Limited is registered with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office. The registration number is Z9201387.
You may have similar rights in other locations.
Questions & Changes in Policy